OUT NOW FROM SIMON & SCHUSTER
"Inspired and inspiring."
— New York Times Book Review (Editors' Choice)
OUT NOW FROM RUNNING PRESS BOOKS
"Entertaining and beautifully designed . . . it's a joy."
— London Evening Standard
Reviews & Press
Advance praise for Tim Federle's Five, Six, Seven, Nate!
Exclusive! Read chapter one at Entertainment Weekly!
★ “This is an encore performance that will leave them standing in the aisles.” —Kirkus (starred review)
★ “[A] funny, tender coming-of-age story, which doubles as an insider account about growing up on stage that will appeal to every budding theater geek. Encore!” —Publishers Weekly (starred review)
a 2014 Junior Library Guild selection
Praise for Better Nate Than Ever
“Critics are raving about Nate.” —CNN
an Amazon Best Book of 2013
a New York Times Book Review Notable Children's Book of 2013
a Slate.com Favorite Book of 2013
Nominated for ALA/ALSC's Notable Books for Children (2013)
“Judy Blume as seen through a Stephen Sondheim lens.” —Huffington Post
★ “Hilarious and heartwarming . . . this book soars.” —Publishers Weekly (starred review)
Praise for Tequila Mockingbird
Winner of the “Best Cookbook of 2013” Goodreads Award
“Entertaining and beautifully designed . . . it's a joy.” —London Evening Standard
“[A] love letter to booksellers and librarians.” —Publishers Weekly
“Pun-tastic cocktail delights . . . peruse it to find your book club's next read (and cocktail).” —Epicurious.com
The New York Times
A Boy Finds His Love for Theater (front-page Arts feature on Tim)
Better TV Show
VIDEO! Tim makes cocktails from Tequila Mockingbird on national tee-vee!
Watch What Happens Live! with Andy Cohen
VIDEO! Tim was the guest bartender and here's what happened!
Tim Federle was a comedy writer, children’s book author, and Broadway dancer. He is survived by a studio apartment and a never-used membership to Equinox.
Timeline in Reverse
- 20??A shockingly peaceful death surrounded by Oscars® and/or loved ones.
- 2014The sequel to Better Nate Than Ever arrives in January! (You can pre-order Five, Six, Seven, Nate! here, if you'd like)
- 2012Disney/Hyperion buys Tim's first picture book, Tommy Can't Stop. It will be on shelves in approximately 300 years!
- 2010Rejoins gym. Friends laugh, take bets.
- 2009-10Works on choreographic team of Broadway smash Billy Elliot. Tim becomes jealous of the children’s talent and begins overeating and tweeting (@TimFederle).
- 2003-08Tim appears in five Broadway shows, notably understudying the lead seagull in The Little Mermaid. The lead seagull never misses a performance.
- 2001-03Wears a Tina Turner wig at the Super Bowl, dancing behind Christina Aguilera. Dons a polar bear costume at Radio City, parading behind the Rockettes. Still dreams of Broadway, where men play men.
- 200019-year-old Tim moves to NYC to pursue *The Great White Way*. Creates Liza Minnelli playlist for the gym. Cancels gym membership. Liza continues on repeat.
- Omitted for reasons of acne.
- 1989Tim’s older brother discovers Jesus and decides to become a priest. Tim discovers Sondheim and decides to become a legend.
- 1988Bullies develop interest in Tim.
- 1987Tim develops interest in the musical Cats.
- 1980Born in San Francisco to unsuspecting parents who hope to one day raise a priest and a football player.
News & Appearances
Five, Six, Seven, Nate!, the upcoming sequel to Better Nate Than Ever, gets starred reviews from Publishers Weekly and also Kirkus, who says: “This is an encore performance that will leave them standing in the aisles.” Yowee!
Five, Six, Seven, Nate! is available for pre-order HERE and is officially in stores on January 21st, 2014!
Brenda Bowen at Sanford J. Greenburger Associates
Jody Hotchkiss at Hotchkiss and Associates
Speaking agent (including Broadway master classes)
Simon & Schuster Speakers Bureau